Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Various locations; price varies by location; reddoorspas.com.
Check the Red Door Web sites for pricing and to book at specific locations.
• Absolute Gratitude: Olive Oil Body Glow, 50-minute signature massage, signature facial with customized eye contour, and signature manicure/pedicure. Top off the treatment with a shampoo and blow-dry.
• Unconditional Love: 50-minute signature massage, signature facial, and spa lunch; complete the treatment with a signature manicure.
• Unconditional Love with Pedicure: Same as above package but with the addition of a signature pedicure.
• For a Perfect Mom: 50-minute signature massage and warm-cream manicure and pedicure.
A complimentary makeup refresher is available with all spa packages.
• Anti-Aging Bliss: Book appointments on Mother’s Day (May 10) for savings of $100 on all facial filler products such as Botox, Juvéderm, and Restalyne. Georgetown location only; reservations necessary.
The Spa at Mint
• Cherry Blossom Bliss: This cherry-blossom infused facial is designed to hydrate the skin and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. A neck, shoulder, back, and hand massage completes the treatment; 75 minutes; $125.
The Spa at the Sports Club/LA
This luxe spa is attached to the Ritz-Carlton in DC’s West End. Ask for the three-hour complimentary self-parking validation at the reception desk.
• Sunset Rose Body Cocoon: A geranium/grape-seed scrub followed by a hydrating mineral wet mask infused with rose oil. Finish with a rose-petal-lotion application; special price, $99.
• Rose Elegance Facial: A special facial using essential rose oils, which are said calm and hydrate skin without clogging pores; special price, $99.
• Peppermint Manicure/Pedicure: A signature treatment utilizing invigorating peppermint essential oil. 60-minute $75.
Blu Water Day Spa
• Passage to Enlightenment Package: collagen manicure and pedicure, 60-minute hot-lava massage, 90-minute signature facial, spring-makeup application, complimentary lunch, and a gift; $400 (normally $480).
• Mother and Daughter Day of Beauty Package: manicure and pedicure, 60-minute antioxidant facial treatment, 60-minute Swedish massage, and a gift; $240 (normally $270).
• Mother’s Spa Escape Package: 60-minute organic customized facial, 60-minute hot-lava massage, and a gift; $210 (normally $240).
• Divine Mom Package: Divine Manicure and Pedicure; $115 (normally $130).
• Blu Water Signature Healing Ritual: This package includes an aromatic cleansing foot bath followed by a full-body exfoliation, therapeutic massage, and Shirodara Serenity Journey with restorative oil and a body-envelopment wrap; $200 (normally $250).
Elaj Aveda Day Spa
• Emerald Package: Treat Mom to a Spa Manicure and Pedicure plus a 60-minute Elemental Nature Massage and 60-minute Elemental Nature Facial; $300 (normally $330).
Robert Andrew Salon and Spa
• Pamper Me Please: Enjoy a mini-spa day with a 20-minute back massage and a 30-minute mini-facial and manicure; $128 (normally $170).
The Still Point
• Organic Lavender and Honey Holistic Facial and Warm Buttermilk Manicure: holistic facial with an organic hand-blended treatment mask of lavender and local honey. Finish off the experience with the spa’s special warm-buttermilk manicure; two hours; $100 (normally $150).
>> Next page: Virginia spas
Amenity Day Spa
• Orange Dreamsicle: This orange-and-vanilla-scented head-to-toe body buffing includes a massage with hot stones, a shower, and application of skin-softening orange-vanilla body soufflé; 60 minutes; $139.
Remind Mom to come early to take advantage of the steam room.
Also in the Renaissance Hotel on Ninth St., NW, in DC.
• Anti-Aging Body Wrap: Includes a body scrub and mud-wrap application infused with green-tea and lime-leaf aromatherapy. This treatment is said to stimulate circulation, smooth dry skin, and detoxify; 60 min, $110 for 90 minutes (including 30-minute massage); $160.
• Flaxx-C Anti Aging Facial: Firm, lifted, tightened, and smoother skin is the goal of this on-the-go facial package; 60 minutes; $110.
During the month of May, mention The Washingtonian to receive 15 percent off all massage, body-treatment, or facial packages at both locations.
Bella Donna Spa
• Mother’s Day Special: This package includes a 60-minute Premier Facial with hydrating hand treatment, hydrating or French manicure, Dermalogica hand treatment, and a Colonial Candle Mother’s Day candle as a gift; $135 (normally $170).
Comfort & Joy Wellness Spa
For the entire month of May, pamper Mom with complimentary upgrades on all services. For example, book a classic manicure and receive an automatic free upgrade to a spa manicure, or book a 60-minute massage for an automatic upgrade to a 75-minute treatment. Applies to gift cards as well.
Fountains Day Spa
• My Queen: Pick a custom oil for your 80-minute aromatherapy massage, Super Hydradermie facial, and reflexology before indulging in a spa lunch; $299 (normally $332).
• Thanks Mom: This relaxing treatment includes an apricot body polish, signature Hydradermie facial, and mini-massage; $211 (normally $234).
• Moms to Be: This package is designed with pregnant moms in mind. Pamper her with a prenatal massage, Aromatic Facial or Beaute Neuve Facial, foot and hand exfoliation, and lunch; $224 (normally $249).
• Mom and Me: Enjoy this “spa with a friend” offering, perfect for mothers and daughters or moms and friends. It includes a couples Swedish massage, two customized individual facials, two Sole Relaxations, plus fruit and juice; $478 (normally $531).
• The Works: This package includes a Rose Moisturizing Body Wrap, Ultimate Combination Massage, Super Hydradermie Facial, Reflexology, and lunch; $432 (normally $480).
Le Papillon Day Resort
• Contessa in the Kitchen: If Mom loves to cook, offer her a private lesson with the spa’s executive chef. Whether she wants to learn cooking basics or simply expand her culinary repertoire, this treatment is perfect for gourmet-focused moms; $125.
• Queen for a Day: A six-hour treatment, including a Le Papillon signature body exfoliation with hydrotherapy tub soak, followed by a Le Papillon signature facial and décolleté treatment, a Le Papillon signature manicure and pedicure, and a spa lunch; $355.
Rejuvenations Massage Therapy
• Prenatal Pampering: Pamper the mom-to-be in your life with a 60-minute prenatal massage by one of Rejuvenations’ experienced therapists; $76 (normally $96).
We’d suggest booking one of the spa’s signature mani/pedis for Mom.
• Mother’s Day Brunch: Book any spa treatment or manicure/pedicure appointment on Mother’s Day (May 10) and be treated to Sesen’s third annual spa brunch, featuring fresh-squeezed orange juice, French toast and more.
• Mother Daughter Bliss: A side-by-side Mother/Daughter Signature Mani-Pedi with complimentary sparkling wine; $140.
• Special Day Package Additions: Purchase the Simply Renewing, Simply Rejuvenate, or Simply Everything packages and receive a complimentary Spa Minérale robe, valued at $65.
→ Six Great Mothers' Day Brunches
→ Mothers' Day Gift Guide
→ Mother’s Day Spa Specials
→ Flowers for Mothers' Day
→ Mother's Day Activities
→ Mothers' Day Brunch Menus and Specials
→ Mother's Day Hotel Packages
→ Great Day Spas