1. It’s not a political milestone without a commemorative Ann Hand pin ($75 at annhand.com).
2. At Saks Fifth Avenue’s Inauguration Station (Tysons Galleria; 703-761-0700), you’ll find Oliver Tweed’s star-patterned plush merino-lambswool throw ($250) and Edward Marc’s Americana chocolates ($2.50 to $14).
3. The inaugural sweets at Georgetown Cupcake (3301 M St., NW; 202-333-8448) include red-velvet cake with a gold embossed eagle ($29 for a dozen).
4. Tiny Jewel Box’s gift selection includes these $155 sterling-silver White House cuff links (1147 Connecticut Ave., NW; 202-393-2747).
5. Guests at the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown (3100 South St., NW; 202-912-4100) receive a variety of lavish memorabilia. Among the gifts: Asprey’s sterling-silver ruler engraved with the names of all the US Presidents, valued at $2,150.
6. At the St. Regis hotel (923 16th St., NW; 202-638-2626), visitors can browse a selection of Montblanc leather goods and writing pieces fit for a president—such as the limited-edition gold-diamond-and-grenadille James Madison fountain pen ($33,000). The book A Presidential Miscellany ($40) includes everything from Secret Service presidential code names to a history of White House pets.
7. Among the gifts guests receive at the Ritz-Carlton in DC’s West End (1150 22nd St., NW; 202-835-0500) is a tin of Michelle Obama's favorite cookies, made by student chefs at DC Central Kitchen.
8. Three more ideas from Tiny Jewel Box: a $95 replica of the journal Michelle Obama gave Laura Bush at the 2009 inauguration; an $85 brass-and-silk bookmark with a turn-of-the-century print of the White House; and an $80 handmade donkey pillow.
9. Jonathan Adler has a collection of items celebrating his presidential idol. This George Washington pillow is $145, the ceramic bust $595 at Adler’s Georgetown store (1267 Wisconsin Ave., NW; 202-965-1416).
10. Sterling & Burke (2824 Pennsylvania Ave., NW; 202-333-2266) celebrates with antique framed parade flags. At 24 by 30 inches, this rare 44-star medallion-style flag from the late 19th century is $4,950.
11. Another gift at the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown: Asprey’s Nambé Tilt engraved decanter set, valued at $200.
Photographs by Jeff Elkins.