2. Starting Friday, the National Museum of Crime & Punishment will offer Washingtonians admission to the museum for $6 after 6 PM. That’s a deep discount from the $19.95 adult ticket price. Residents of DC, Virginia, and Maryland are asked to show valid ID to get the deal. The promotion runs daily through Labor Day.
3. The annual Dupont-Kalorama Museum Walk takes place this weekend. On Saturday and Sunday, you can get free admission to area museums, including Anderson House, Fondo del Sol Visual Arts Center, Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site, the National Museum of American Jewish Military History, the Phillips Collection, the Textile Museum, Dumbarton House, the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, Meridian International Center, and the Woodrow Wilson House. Hours for each museum vary, so check the Web sites before heading out.
4. The Rock & Roll Hotel’s Jenga drinking game takes place Thursday night at 8. Drunken Jenga’s rules are simple: If you successfully remove a piece without toppling the tower, you can make another player take a drink. If the tower falls, you have to chug a beer. There’s no cover get in, and Jenga players can get cans of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $2.
5. Take your pick of $10 shows at the Palace of Wonders all weekend. On Thursday, there’s a Vixen Variety show at 9 PM with belly dancing, burlesque, juggling, and more. Friday night, there’s a burlesque-and-fire-juggling show, and on Saturday, a magic act takes the stage; both performances start at 10. Doors open at 6 for the Thursday and Friday shows and 7 on Saturday.
6. Looking to drink and eat for cheap this weekend? Head to Bangkok Joe’s Saturday and Sunday nights from 5 to 7 for the Thai Street Food Happy Hour, when appetizers cost $2 to $4 and drinks are half price.
7. Don’t forget about all the free films you can watch under the stars. This weekend’s lineup includes Back to the Future Thursday night at the Capitol Riverfront and Weird Science Friday night at Gateway Park in Rosslyn.
8. Head to the Capitol Skyline Hotel Friday night for the poolside Aqua happy hour. The event starts at 5 and includes drink specials, a DJ, giveaways, and a belly-flop contest. It’s $10 at the door, but if you RSVP by noon on Friday, you can get in for $5. For the seriously cash-strapped, sign up for sponsor Metromix DC’s newsletter and get in for free.
9. The Cherry Up happy hour at Equinox includes complimentary munchies and cherry-themed cocktails for $10. The restaurant is hosting the happy hour Friday nights through June 21 from 5 to 7.
10. Ten dollars gets you in to “Flaunt: Photography and Fashion Collaboration” at Honfleur Gallery. To mark the close of a fashion-photography exhibition, which features work by Joshua Yospyn, John Ulaszek, Meaghan Gay, and Steve Goldenberg, the gallery is hosting a reception and fashion show Saturday at 8:30. The event, which will feature pieces by local fashion designers, is sponsored in part by Project Beltway’s Rachel Cothran (who writes our Sidewalk Style column). Call 202-580-5972 or e-mail email@example.com for tickets. Tickets will not be sold at the door.