Newsletters

Get Where+When delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.

Seth McFarlane Cancels Kennedy Center Concerts With the NSO
“Smash” star Megan Hilty will replace the “Family Guy” creator for three shows in November. By Sophie Gilbert
Photograph of Hilty courtesy of the Kennedy Center. Photograph of McFarlane courtesy of Featureflash / Shutterstock.com.
Comments () | Published September 26, 2012

Seth McFarlane has been popping up all over the place recently—as the host of Saturday Night Live for its season premiere earlier this month, wrestling with microphone issues at the Emmys—but one place you won’t find him this fall is at the Kennedy Center.

The Family Guy creator was scheduled to perform three concerts with the National Symphony Orchestra in November, showcasing songs by legendary performer Sammy Cahn. He’s now been replaced by Megan Hilty, star of NBC’s Smash, who’ll sing “Luck Be a Lady”—a tribute concert to Frank Sinatra, the Rat Pack, Ella Fitzgerald, and Etta James.

The Kennedy Center’s Patricia O’Kelly says McFarlane’s concerts were canceled due to a scheduling conflict. “We obviously were disappointed, but we were so happy that Megan was able to help out,” says O’Kelly, who also told us that Hilty has been on the center’s wish list for NSO Pops concerts for a while. “She’s a big star, and we’re lucky that it worked out.” O’Kelly wasn’t able to say whether McFarlane would be coming to the Kennedy Center for any possible future performances.


Categories:

Miscellaneous
Subscribe to Washingtonian

Discuss this story

Feel free to leave a comment or ask a question. The Washingtonian reserves the right to remove or edit content once posted.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Posted at 11:55 AM/ET, 09/26/2012 RSS | Print | Permalink | Comments () | Washingtonian.com Blogs