6. The Nats have gotten so bad that the Bullpen, the outdoor bar/frat-game area across the street from the stadium might feature more athletic prowess than the on-field action. From 12:30 to 5:30 Saturday, warm up for the game with Battle of the Biceps, a strong-man (and woman!) competition featuring such time-honored sports as keg tossing, fast pitching, and arm wrestling. Ten bucks for charity gets you admission, and live music and drink specials will help fuel your puny arms.
7. Get ready for eight hours of the area’s best hip-hop and soul artists at Capital Hip-Hop Soul Fest 2009 this Saturday at 11 AM at Marvin Gaye Park. You can catch free performances by Godisheus, Bomani Armah, Marcell & the Truth, and more.
8. Brightest Young Things seems like it’s running out of ideas for its Saturday summer-camp-themed pool parties. We’ve never heard of rave camp, but it still sounds fun. Party starts at noon and costs $10. Expect glowsticks, candy and drink specials, and lots of techno and house music.
9. Watch artists in action at Graffiti Rhapsody at Bohemian Caverns from 5 to 11 on Saturday. Ten bucks gets you inside, and the finished products will be up for auction.
10. The Capital Fringe Festival closes up shop this weekend, but you can celebrate one last time Sunday from 7 to 11 PM at the Baldacchino Gypsy Tent. The free closing-night party features drink specials, live music, dancing, and an awards ceremony.
More>> After Hours Blog | Arts & Events | Happy Hour Finder | Calendar of Events