Today's food-truck hot spots are:
• Farragut Square (17th and I sts., NW), where you'll find Pi Truck DC, Sang on Wheels, Yellow Vendor (truck 1) and Sâuçá's Magellan. DC Slices is around the corner at 20th and L streets, Northwest.
• Foggy Bottom/GWU (around 22nd and H sts. and Virginia Ave., NW), where you'll find Takorean, Tasty Kabob, and DC Empanadas (22nd and L sts.).
• Franklin Square (13th and K sts., NW), where you'll find Porc Mobile, Sabor'a Street, and Sâuçá's Pangea. Yellow Vendor (truck 2) is nearby at 15th and K streets, Northwest.
• Metro Center (12th and G sts., NW), where you'll find Cap Mac DC and Sweet Bites Truck (first stop).
• NoMa (First and H sts., NE), where you'll find the Red Hook Lobster Truck and Sweet Bites Truck (second stop).
• Northern Virginia, where you'll find Badabing (Courthouse), District Taco (Crystal City), Tasty Kabob carts (Rosslyn), and Sâuçá's Marco Polo.
• Southwest Waterfront at L'Enfant (Sixth St. and Maryland Ave., SW)—parked there are DC Pie Truck, SweetFlow Mobile, Sol Mexican Grill, and Carnivore BBQ—and Navy Yard (First and M sts., SE), where you'll find the Big Cheese Truck, El Floridano, Sâuçá's Saucalito, and Curbside Cupcake (third stop). Nearby will be Sidewalk Sweets, stopping first at Fourth and M streets, Southwest, followed by Fourth and E streets, Southwest, then the Mandarin Oriental hotel; and Fojol Bros. at Patriots Plaza at 395 E Street, Southwest.
Of note: Pleasant Pops will be at NPR's headquarters (635 Massachusetts Ave., NW) with free popsicles for the first 500 customers.
Subscribe to Washingtonian
Follow Washingtonian on Twitter
Follow the Best Bites Bloggers on Twitter at twitter.com/bestbitesblog