Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- Elegant Spring Wedding at the Congressional Country Club
- Katherine Kennedy Wore Her Mother's Gown at Her Winter Wedding
- San Francisco 49er Antoine Bethea Married His College Sweetheart Samantha at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Pretty in Pink Wedding at The Mayflower Hotel
- See Photos from Our Cover Wedding at The Hay-Adams
Top 10 Lipstick Shades for Brides
Lluminaire Salon's Dean Krapf shares his favorite lip colors for brides
Owner of Lluminaire Salon / Makeup Artist and Hairstylist
15 West Allegheny Ave., Towson, MD (410-583-1500)
“Every bride wants clean, perfect makeup on her wedding day; they’ll tell me they don’t want to look overly made up. The rule of thumb is to enhance either your eyes or your lips, but not both at the same time. If you go for minimal eye makeup, do a bright pop of color on the lips. But if you’re doing a smokier eye with a lot of drama, go for a softer lip color. The best lip shades are ones on a spectrum from pale pink to dark berry. You want to look fresh and modern, not tired and dated!”
3 • Dior: Addict High Shine #454 Rose Show ($26). Sheer pale pink with a touch of frosting.
4 • Dior: Serum de Rouge #850 Red ($32). The perfect red. Looks fabulous on blondes.
9 • Dior: Addict High Shine #680 Catwalk Mauve ($27). The sheerest mauve.
10 • Clarins: Joli Rouge #711 Papaya ($26). Coral with an orange undertone.
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.