Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- San Francisco 49er Antoine Bethea Married His College Sweetheart Samantha at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Pretty in Pink Wedding at The Mayflower Hotel
- Elegant Spring Wedding at the Congressional Country Club
- Katherine Kennedy Wore Her Mother's Gown at Her Winter Wedding
- See Photos from Our Cover Wedding at The Hay-Adams
Centerpiece and Menu Ideas from the Mayflower
Marrying in a grand ballroom? Check out the florals and cuisine from one of DC’s most historic hotels.
The Mayflower Renaissance's Grand Ballroom can hold up to 800 guests. Photograph courtesy of the Mayflower Renaissance
Last week, we paid a visit to the Mayflower Renaissance hotel to view some of their newest décor and menu ideas. The Mayflower’s ballroom (pictured above) is a huge, luxurious space with high ceilings, sparkling chandeliers, and balconies that have a vintage-theatre feel.
To fill the space, the floral team at the hotel suggested several tall centerpieces, including a favorite for fall—an arrangement of branches with hanging votives, surrounded by a ring of auburn roses. We like the idea of adorning some tables with these high centerpieces, with the others featuring low arrangements to provide visual interest.
The menu featured both items with local appeal (goat-cheese-and-sour-cherry puff pastry hors d’oeuvres in honor of the Cherry Blossom Festival), and international flair (a Mediterranean dip display). Also, some fun ideas for desserts—gingerbread cookies and eggnog eclairs for holiday weddings, and pumpkin cream puffs for fall events. Visit the Mayflower Renaissance’s Web site for more information.
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.