Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Having Trouble With Your Wedding #Hashtag? There's Now a Tool for That!
- San Francisco 49er Antoine Bethea Married His College Sweetheart Samantha at the Ronald Reagan Building
- Pretty in Pink Wedding at The Mayflower Hotel
- "Curvy Brides" Premiers on TLC on Friday
- Pink and Blue Virginia Country Club Wedding
- Katherine Kennedy Wore Her Mother's Gown at Her Winter Wedding
Chat Recap: Ask a Photographer
You had wedding-photo questions. This expert had the answers.
Because photography is such an important element to every wedding, we called in an expert. Michael Bennett Kress, a DC native, has been a photographer for more than 30 years. His career started out with the gift of a camera for his bar mitzvah, and years later he’s still shooting.
With a degree in photographic sciences from the Rochester Institute of Technology, Kress started his career as a commercial and advertising photographer before switching to social events. He and his team at Michael Bennett Kress & Associates (4710 Bethesda Ave., Bethesda; 301-654-0909) are life-cycle photographers, covering everything from bar and bat mitzvahs for children of past wedding clients to weddings of previous bar and bat mitzvah clients.
Michael brought all his photo knowledge and his best advice to The Washingtonian yesterday for a live chat. How do you get great photography on a budget? What happens when there’s family drama? Is it taboo to take the bride-and-groom photos before the wedding? If you missed the chat, catch up on all of Michael’s answers here.
You Might Also Like ...
Washington women can hunt down the perfect pair at the new shop in Pentagon City Nordstrom.
Make a batch of these pastries for a mom-approved breakfast or brunch.