Capital Comment Blog
Our January Issue Is On Newsstands Now
The issue with the area’s 100 very best restaurants is finally here.
Our January issue is the one you’ve been waiting for: We bring you our list of the 100 very best restaurants in DC, Maryland, and Virginia. We break them out by the ten best of the best, the ten that are better than they’ve ever been, the ten new arrivals we’re most excited about, and ten tried-and-true favorites, plus 60 other fantastic restaurants we really think deserve recognition.
We also name our favorite dishes in the city, the 2012 restaurant openings we’re most anticipating, and the restaurateur of the year.
But you shouldn’t just pick up this issue because of our 100 very best restaurants. It’s also packed with great features, including:
• An excerpt from Miranda Kennedy’s new book, Sideways on a Scooter: Life and Love in India. In this piece, she tells the fascinating story of Ray Mahmood, who is considered one of the most connected Pakistani-Americans in Washington and a master of “backroom diplomacy.”
• We explore how FotoWeek DC has pushed some of the area’s best photographers into the public eye and also show you some of FotoWeek’s standout photographs.
• Local heroes are the kind of people who go about changing the world for the better, but often don’t get enough recognition. In this issue, Leslie Milk names eight of them.
• We look back at the area’s top home sales of 2011. Who isn’t a little curious about the real estate Washington’s rich and famous are buying and selling?
And don’t miss an interview with celebrity photographer Annie Leibovitz, smarter workouts that will keep you on track in the new year, a postmortem on the House page program, confessions from the front lines of a gluten allergy, the print debut of our Ask Harry & Louise column, and the best of H Street, Northeast.
Pick up an issue on newsstands today—or if you don’t want to miss a single copy of The Washingtonian, subscribe here.
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Capital Comment Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Capital Comment Blog