Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• Washington is not doing much better, with significant drops in home values across the board. [WaPo via Housing Complex]
• After some redesigning, plans for the redevelopment of the Whitman-Walker Clinic on 14th Street have been approved by the city’s Historic Preservation Review Board. The project is set to include more than 100 residential units. [DCMud]
• Hat tip to blogger Scenic Artisan for finding this episode of HGTV’s Curb Appeal on a historic rowhouse in Le Droit Park neighborhood. [Bloomingdale]
• In terms of development, U Street’s main intersections “kind of, well, suck” say the bloggers behind 14th & You (who we profiled in our Blogger Beat) , but plans for a hotel on 13th and a mixed-use development on 14th could change that very soon.
[14th & U]
• Speaking of the lack of development along the side streets near U Street, plans for a Room & Board furniture store at the corner of 14th and T streets have fallen apart. [Housing Complex]