Shop Around Blog > Behind The Scenes|Fashion|Washington Bloggers
Behind the Scenes: April’s Spring Fashion Feature
An inside peek at our photo shoot with Washington’s style bloggers.
For the April issue of The Washingtonian—on newsstands now!—we asked 14 of Washington’s most influential fashion bloggers to model spring’s hottest trends. Photographer Trevor Dixon joined us at Joshua Cogan Studios for a two-day photo session featuring the duo behind Necessary and Proper, E from District of Chic, Carla of The President Wears Prada, and more of the District’s fashion darlings. Read on for the exclusive behind-the-scenes photos.
(Captions run left to right, top to bottom.)
1. Lauren Wynns and Van Bloys of Necessary and Proper on set.
2. Racks of spring fashion.
3. A close-up of the Alexander McQueen Classic Skull Box Clutch in lavender, $1,495 at Saks Fifth Avenue.
4. Washingtonian fashion editor Kate Bennett styles Casie Mace of Whippedstyle.
5. Belle of Capitol Hill Style, Cheralee Lyle of Miss Lyle Style, and E from District of Chic pose for Trevor Dixon.
6. Fun shoes on set.
1. Grant Harris of Image Granted and Cheralee Lyle of Miss Lyle Style chat between takes.
2. Kim Reyes uses Make Up For Ever to style Casie Mace of Whippedstyle.
3. The Washingtonian team, Kate Bennett, Diana Elbasha, Irina Grechko, and Michelle Thomas, after the shoot.
4. Oversized accessories in bold hues and fun shapes.
5. Krystin Hargrove of Be Loud Be You smiles for the photographer.
6. Van Bloys of Necessary and Proper in between sets.