For years, we’ve been stocking our shoe wardrobe with ever-more-skyward platform styles. A half inch here, a two-plus inch there. The higher the heel, the closer to God, right? Perhaps the jury’s still out on that particular maxim, because these days, the subdued single-sole pump has started to look appealing in a way it hasn’t in oh so long. Though it may not promise supermodel-esque height, the classic lines and effortless femininity of these pointed-toe styles suddenly seems entirely Right Now. Read on to see six of the ladylike heels quietly inching their way to the top of our wish list.
1) Anne Klein Wrenn cap-toe rose-gold pumps, $79.99 at Piperlime.
2) Luchiny Daz Ey cap-toe mint pumps, $74.99 at Heels.com.
3) Everly blue suede pumps, $245 at J.Crew.
4) Faux-suede coral pumps, $29.80 at Forever 21.
5) Joe’s Jeans Delores silver pumps, $145 at Zappos.
6) Truth or Dare Halette rose-gold pumps, $100 at Piperlime.