Well+Being Blog > Healthy Recipes
Healthy Recipe: Vanilla Almond Porridge With Applesauce
This hearty breakfast makes for a healthy start to your day.
When group exercise instructor Chase Leist shared her one-day food diary with Well+Being, you wanted one thing: the recipe to Leist’s breakfast porridge, with egg whites, almond milk, flaxseed, applesauce, and cinnamon. With the addition of a fruit of your choice, this hearty porridge is a great start to anyone’s morning.
4 egg whites (or liquid egg white equivalent), or 2 eggs for a heartier mix
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon almond extract
Nonstick cooking spray
Berries or other fruit for topping
Almond milk for topping
1) Heat a nonstick skillet to just below medium heat on the stovetop.
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
3) When pan is hot, spray with nonstick spray and pour mixture into pan. Allow to cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, scraping the bottom.
4) Remove from heat and spoon into serving bowl. Top with additional almond milk and fruit. Stir and enjoy!
You Might Also Like:
3 Easy Homemade Granola Recipes
Whole-Grain Apple Crisp
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Well+Being Blog