DAR Constitution Hall
1776 D Street NW
Washington, DC 20006
Nearby Metro Stops:
Farragut North, Farragut West
Event date and time:
December 5, 2012, 5:30 PM
DAR Christmas Open House
Celebrate the Christmas season with the
Daughters of the American Revolution!
What: The 11th Annual DAR Christmas Open House
Date: Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Time: 5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Address: DAR Memorial Continental Hall, 17th and D Streets, NW, Washington, D.C.
6 blocks south of the Farragut West metro
Use 17th Street entrance.
Telephone: For groups or special arrangements call (202) 572-0563.
Admission: Free to the public. Reservations are not required.
Happening: Bring your friends and family to the eleventh annual public holiday open house!
• Visit the National Christmas Tree across the street at the Ellipse then get out of the cold and join us for refreshments, cookies and a taste of history
• Experience the elegance and Christmas splendor of Memorial Continental Hall, a Registered Historic Landmark
• Tour our 31 period rooms depicting scenes of early American life
• Explore the DAR Museum Gallery, featuring the exhibition “Fashioning the New Woman: 1890-1925”
• View other smaller exhibitions on historic Revolutionary War documents as well as famous DAR members
• Enjoy Christmas music and caroling from area musicians
• Get a head start on Christmas shopping at the Museum Shop and DAR Store
For Kids: Santa is taking time out of his busy schedule to attend the Open House. Coloring books and crayons will be given out to children.