Dr. Cotca is a graduate of University of Michigan, where she received both a Bachelor of Science with Chemistry Degree and Cellular Molecular Biology, a Master of Public Health in Toxicology, as well as a Doctor of Dental Surgery. She is an international lecturer and aesthetic restorative dentist who founded the Washington Institute for Dentistry & Laser Surgery, an interdisciplinary dental institute with a focus on oro-systemic treatments and interdisciplinary smile reconstruction within facial neurologic, stomatognathic & musculo-skeletal coordinates. For more than a decade she has developed customized oral-dental protocols on
- obstructive sleep apnea
- temporomandibular disorders
- sports and sleep dentistry
- restorative dentistry
- laser treatments
- dental anti-aging
- whitening therapies
- systemic implications in oral aesthetic rehabilitation
Through her studies in Toxicology and as founder of C3 Think Tank, she develops real time oral clinical protocols for systemic conditions such as
- Autoimmune, Diabetes & endocrinal dysfunction
- Head & neck injury
- Cancer – chemotherapy and radiation
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Metabolic & GI Disturbances
Dr. Cotca’s professional affiliations include
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Academy of Oral Medicine Fellow
- American Dental Association Standards Committee on Dental Products (ANSI Standards Subcommittee on Lasers, Whitening, and Biologic Evaluation, & others, & US Delegate to International Organization of Standardization
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Fellow
- International College of Dentists Fellow
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- International College of Prosthodontists.
- American Society of Laser & Medical Surgery
Since 2001, she has been involved in federal legislation and represented both the American Dental Association and the American Academy of Oral Medicine as Spokesperson and Dental Expert on Capitol Hill. Dr. Cotca has testified before the United States Congress, and has appeared on both ABC News and NBC News as a Dental and Oral Health Expert, as well as several online portals.
Education: University of Michigan, Bachelor of Science, Chemistry Degree, & Cellular Molecular Biology, Master of Public Health, Doctor of Dental Surgery, Internship Oral Medicine, Eastman Dental Institute London, United Kingdom.
By Appointment Only – please call 301.760.7035 or 202.609.7911 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.