Sara M. Donohue
For over 30 years Sara M. Donohue has been working as a family law attorney in both Maryland and the District of Columbia. Her practice includes working on complex divorce cases, custody matters and adoption law. In addition to handling domestic law in the traditional negotiation and litigation modes, Ms. Donohue is trained in Collaborative Law and is a member of Collaborative Divorce Association.
POINTS OF DISTINCTION
Ms. Donohue has received numerous honors, awards, and recognition by publications and surveys, including:
• Named to Martindale-Hubbell’s AV Preeminent® Top Rated Lawyers, 2019
• Named to the “Top Lawyer” list, Washingtonian Magazine, Divorce & Family Law, 2018
• Named to the “Best Lawyers in America” publication in the Family Law category in 2010-present
• Named to the “Maryland Top 100 Lawyers” by Super Lawyers in 2013, 2015-2018
• Named to the “Maryland Super Lawyers” listing in 2012 – 2019 • Named to the “Top 50 Women Maryland Super Lawyers” listing in 2012 – 2019
• Named to the “Washington DC Super Lawyers” listing in 2012 and 2013
• Named to the “Washington DC & Baltimore’s Top Rated Lawyers” ALM listing in 2013
• Named to Baltimore Magazine’s “Top 50 Women Attorneys in Maryland” listing in January 2012
• Named to Washingtonian’s “Best Divorce Lawyers” listing in 2000, 2004, 2006, 2009, 2011, 2013, 2017
• Named to Bethesda Magazine’s “Top Divorce Lawyers” listing in 2010 and honorable mention in 2013
She has been a member of the Executive Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association and has acted on the Judicial Selection Panel Committee, the Nominations & Elections Committee of the Montgomery County Bar Association. She is also a Master of the Bench in the Montgomery County Chapter of the American Inns of Court. Ms. Donohue has served as the co-chair of the Family Law Section of the Montgomery County Bar Association, president of the Women’s Bar Association of the Maryland-Montgomery County Chapter, chairperson of the Circuit Bench/Bar Committee, member of the board of directors and former treasurer for the Collaborative Divorce Association Inc.