Best Bites Blog
The Wrap-Up: The Week in Food
Every Friday, we fill you in on what’s been happening in the local restaurant world.
• Don Rockwell reported on his Web site Tuesday that chef Jonathan Seningen left Hook, the Georgetown seafood hot spot, just after Restaurant Week. No word yet on where he’s headed or who’ll take his spot.
• Prince of Petworth spotted a forthcoming Angelico la Pizzeria in DC’s Glover Park. Tim Carman of the Washington City Paper did some digging and found that it’s part of a local chain, and two more are in the works on H Street, Northeast, and 12th Street, Northwest. The Glover Park location is expected to open in two to four weeks.
• Tim Carman also noted that a new bagel shop is coming to Silver Spring: Goldberg’s New York Bagels. It’s related to the award-winning store of the same name in Baltimore only by the fact that the owners of both places get their frozen dough from the same wholesaler in New Jersey, says Carman. Owner Dan Keleman, who briefly worked with Baltimore proprietor Stanley Drebin, hopes to open by the end of the month.
Follow the Best Bites Bloggers on Twitter at twitter.com/bestbitesblog
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Best Bites Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Best Bites Blog