Courtesy spokesperson Kris Coratti, here are some stats on the Washington Post‘s move from 1150 15th Street, Northwest, to 1301 K Street, Northwest, planned for mid-December:
- 6,000 packing crates have been delivered for employee use.
- 1.7 miles of Masonite floor protection will be placed in the new office space to minimize damage during the move.
- 1 mile of corrugated wall board will protect high traffic areas during the move.
- It will take 5,800 labor hours to accomplish the relocation.
- JK Moving Services will use five 26-foot straight trucks for each phase of the move.
- JK will move a total volume of 138 truckloads of contents and equipment from the old building to the new one.
- JK will use 93 crew members and PC technicians to accomplish the relocation.