Founded in 1914, Foxcroft School is a college-preparatory boarding and day school for girls in grades 9-12 and PG with a mission of helping every girl explore her unique voice and develop the skills, confidence, and courage to share it with the world. Foxcroft’s academic program offers 72-76 courses, including 16+ AP classes and 5+ post-AP offerings, and a STEM program that inspires girls to pursue studies in fields where women are underrepresented. Foxcroft fields athletic teams in 11 sports and has a nationally known riding program.
• Academic and residential life programs designed for how girls learn best
• 75% boarding and 25% day students
• Across 5 dorms with dedicated dorm parents, every student — day or boarding — has a dorm room and bed, fostering an inclusive community and residential life experience.
• 500-acre campus in beautiful Middleburg, VA
• Academics: 72-76 courses, including 21 primary Advanced Placement and post-AP courses; Additional AP classes are offered through One Schoolhouse, an online educational partner. Academic support through the Learning Center focuses on organization, writing, and STEM skills.
• Academic Concentrations available in four subject areas: Animal Science, Global Studies, STEM, and The Arts
• STEM: Inquiry based science, technology, engineering, art, and math courses which support the Academic Concentration program (examples: Animal Science, AP Computer Science A, Explorations in Engineering, Forensic Science, & Topics in STEAM). The Innovation Lab, a high-tech maker space, includes 3D printers, vinyl cutters, a laser cutter, a poster printer, robotics and electronics supplies, sewing machines, power tools, video and audio recording equipment, and a T-shirt press. All students have full access to Adobe Creative Cloud, which includes Photoshop, Illustrator & Premiere. First girls’ school in VA to use Purdue University’s Engineering Projects in Community Service high school program.
• Athletics: 17 teams in 11 sports (basketball, cross country, field hockey, lacrosse, riding, rock climbing, soccer, softball, tennis, track & field, volleyball). Girls Lacrosse VISAA Division II State Champions in 2014 & 2015. Delaney Athletic Conference Champions in basketball (2015), field hockey (2008, 2009, 2016, 2017), lacrosse (2013-2015, 2018), & tennis (2014). Currently, a member of the Greater Piedmont Athletic Conference.
• Riding: Hunters, jumpers, equitation, and foxhunting opportunities. Mounted lessons for beginner, novice, intermediate, and advanced riders. Emphasis on principles of Hunter Seat Equitation. Riders can compete on Foxcroft’s Interscholastic Equestrian Association (IEA) team.
• Exceptional Proficiency Program enables a student with demonstrated talent and passion to spend time away from school to train, compete, and pursue their personal dreams while receiving the academic support needed to fulfill our high educational standards.