Located on a wooded 90-acre campus in McLean, Virginia, The Potomac School offers students in grades K-12 a rich educational experience that incorporates academics, athletics, and the arts. Here, learning is joyful and active; the school’s richly varied curriculum and expert faculty challenge students to put their intellectual curiosity, creativity, and initiative to work every day. With small classes and a commitment to building relationships, Potomac offers students opportunities to collaborate with their peers and work closely with faculty who care about each individual’s success.
In addition to intellectual growth, a Potomac education supports character development. The school’s core values – integrity, respect, courage, humility, and perseverance – infuse the curriculum and campus life. Potomac is a diverse and inclusive learning community, where each person’s ideas and talents are valued. Students in every grade have opportunities to gain understanding of real-world issues and help to make a positive difference through Potomac’s K-12 service learning program.
School highlights (amenities):
- • A vibrant learning community, with students in grades K-12 on one campus
- • Three libraries; science labs and technology centers; art and photography studios; a performing arts center; two gymnasiums; playing fields and track; playgrounds; wooded nature trails with steams, ponds, and outdoor classrooms
- • A rich curriculum that provides opportunities for depth and breadth of understanding in various subject areas
- • Emphasis on essential life skills, including cultural competence, public speaking, financial literacy, and real-world problem solving
- • K-12 service learning program
- • Expert faculty who are inspired and inspiring!
- • Advisory program provides support for students in grades 7-12
- • Intensive specialty programs in the Upper School for science and engineering, visual and performing arts, and global studies
- • 72 teams in 26 different interscholastic sports for students in grades 7-12
- • Diverse extracurricular offerings, including award-winning robotics and speech and debate teams
- • Extended Day and after-school enrichment programs
- • Bus service in DC, MD, and VA