After Hours Blog > Music
Listen Up! brings you songs of bands and performers coming through town in the next week. Listen up, then go check them out live.
Playlist is no longer available.
Wednesday, April 9
• Performing at the Black Cat, Indiana band Murder by Death combines the haunting sounds of the cello with the gloomy attitude of hardcore rock.
• The far more optimistic—in fact, downright bubbly—band the Last Goodnight plays at the Rock and Roll Hotel.
Thursday, April 10
• Buzzed-about band Yeasayer is back in town, now performing at the Black Cat’s mainstage after a previous sold-out appearance.
• If the show sells out, or if you’re in the mood for something less experimental and more folky, check out the Felice Brothers at Iota.
Friday, April 11
• Speaking of buzz, our friends can’t shut up about Hot Chip. The show at the 9:30 Club is already sold out, so unless you’re one of the lucky few, head over to the Rock and Roll Hotel and watch VHS or Beta and opening act Tigercity put on an amazing dance-rock show.
• We can’t stop listening to Nada Surf’s latest album, Lucky. Make sure to see the band at the 9:30 Club. The Jealous Girlfriends, touring with Sea Wolf, is one of the opening acts.
• Maryland band the Dance Party plays tonight at the Rock and Roll Hotel.
Sunday, April 13
• The Decemberists’ frontman, Colin Meloy, performs tonight at the 9:30 Club.
For more posts on music, nightlife, bars, and more, click here.
more from Washingtonian
Buffer: Error #102 occurred. More info here.