2013 Guide to Memorial Day in Washington
Recipes, beach packing tips, and lots more.
Any three-day weekend is a cause for celebration in our book—especially when it’s paired with sunny skies and balmy temps. No matter how you choose to spend the Memorial Day weekend—relaxing on the beach, grilling out in your backyard, discovering the city’s hidden gems—we’ve got plenty of useful information for you to take advantage of.
- Vodka-infused watermelon
- 20 recipes to celebrate spring and summer
- An easy gin drink for a crowd
- A bathing-suit-friendly veggie burger recipe
- 3 easy and delicious strawberry recipes
- Pools in DC, Maryland, and Virginia
- Great day trips
- Hidden gems
- What to do this weekend
- The mayors of Lewes, Ocean City, and Rehoboth Beach
pick their favorite things
- Area farmers markets
- 4 unusual fitness-friendly ways to celebrate