Capital Comment Blog > Heard|Power Players|Scene
Capital Comment’s May Guest List
Welcome to the Guest List, a monthly roundup of the eight people we’d most like to have over for drinks, good food, and conversation.
• Laurel Colless —The wife of the Finnish ambassador (she’s actually a Kiwi) is working with area developers to prove Washington can be a green-building leader.
• Pietro Sambi —The Pope’s man in Washington has stories to tell after the Pontiff’s visit—but will he share the good ones?
• Colin Powell —Whom does the former secretary of State favor in the November presidential elections? Would he reenter government under President Obama?
• Linda Murray —She’s artistic director of the small theater group Solas Nua, which got its first Helen Hayes Award nomination earlier this year.
• Stephen Schwarzman —The chair of the Kennedy Center and Blackstone exec just gave $100 million to the New York Public Library after being chided in the New Yorker for his miserliness. Where’s the DC love?
• Meghan McCain —The 23-year-old daughter of the Republican nominee-to-be has been blogging on the campaign trail and lamenting that her love life is suffering because of her dad’s candidacy.
• David Rothkopf —The CarnegieEndowment scholar has a new book,Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making. It looks at the roughly 6,000 people across the globe who influence world events.
• Judith Czelusniak —Here’s the woman behind the toughest invite of the year, the Bloomberg afterparty for the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner.
This article appears in the May 2008 issue of Washingtonian. To see more articles in this issue, click here.
More>> Capital Comment Blog | News & Politics | Society Photos
more from Washingtonian
Buffer: Error #102 occurred. More info here.