We may be well past fall, but there's still time to stock up on crisp apples and sweet potatoes during the holidays. We whipped together a super simple recipe that makes use of that delicious produce before they go out of season.
All it requires is one tater and one apple—plus a little bit of playing with your food to make the final tasty treat.
Nutrition per serving: 290 calories, 12 grams fat (7.3 saturated), 12.7 milligrams sodium, 261. 7 milligrams potassium, 48 grams carbohydrates, 1.6 grams protein.
1 large sweet potato
1 large apple, cored
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice sweet potato into skinny slices using a mandolin or knife.
3. Slice apple the same way.
4. Coat a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Then, alternately line the sweet potato and apple slices side by side, with a slight overlap.
5. Drizzle the slices with cinnamon and honey. Drop two tablespoons of butter into the dish.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, or until slices are tender.
8. Using a fork, carefully pile the slices to make two stacks. Drizzle with more honey and serve warm.