• Starting at 4 AM on Tuesday, January 20, trains will run for 15 hours at rush-hour capacity and will stay open until 2 the next morning. On Monday, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, trains will operate on a Saturday Holiday Service schedule.
• Metrobus will operate on a Saturday schedule on Inauguration Day. Remember: Lots of streets will be closed around the National Mall, so don’t expect bus stops near the Capitol or the Mall to be functional, and expect detours.
• The Green and Yellow lines’ Archives-Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter station will be closed all day on Inauguration Day, as will the Smithsonian station entrance on the Mall.
• Parking at all Metro lots will be free from Saturday, January 17, through Tuesday, January 20, and reserved parking rules will not be in effect.
• All restrooms in Metro stations will be closed on Inauguration Day as a security measure. Expect to see increase security in general: Metro has teamed up with TSA to bolster security in stations during the inauguration. You’ll likely see lots of bomb-sniffing dogs.
Check out Metro’s inauguration page for more information, including how to sign up for e-alerts to stay on top of service changes.