When it comes to bathing suits for women, avoiding a Janet Jackson moment is just as important as finding the perfect fit—especially for those of us who would rather be surfing than lying by a pool. Here are our picks for supportive bathing suit tops. Bonus: Most of them are on sale.
1) Patagonia print Kupala bikini top, $37.93.
We love the adjustable ties in the back as much as the fun print on the front.
2) Rip Curl Mirage Revo cross back, $39.56.
The best part about this top? It’s reversible. Wear orange during the day and swap for gray at night.
3) Nike Bondi solids racerback bra top, $34.95.
An under-bust band and thick straps provide ultimate support on the beach or at the pool. Try it in three different colors, and add the bottoms for $34.
4) Speedo solid keyhole top, $44.
You can count on Speedo to make a reliable suit—it claims to be five to ten times more durable than typical Spandex fabrics. Plus the straps are adjustable and the cups are removable.
5) Lululemon Beach Break sport top, $54.
Perfect for the small-chested ladies, this top is chlorine- and sand-resistant and comes in two colors. The crisscross back is a nice touch, too.
6) L Space Torino strap back, $67.16.
Add some oomph to your average bikini with this neon-bright top.
7) Patagonia women’s solid bottom turn top, $49
Patagonia’s bathing suit top fits like a sports bra, thanks to its racerback style and scoop front. It’s perfect for an intense volleyball game on the beach.
8) Prana Trinidad top, $29.50
This color-blocked top is great for a day of standup paddleboarding on the river.