Scandal went on break all the way back in December, and if we’ve learned anything from two and a half seasons we expect it to come roaring back with a vengeance with its new episode this Thursday. To help you get through the two days until then, we’ve come up with a few ways to get your Scandal fix. Grab your popcorn, wine, and favorite white-and-gray loungewear and read on.
- Catch up on the action with our WashingTelevision recaps. Here’s the most recent episode, the one before that, and the rest of season three. And just for fun, take a look back at the dropped plot points from the end of season two.
- Imagine a world in which Scandal and one of our other favorite Washington-set shows, Homeland, exist in the same universe. We’re calling it Homescand. Carrie and Olivia hitting the bars together? We’d tune in for that.
- Take a closer look at Olivia Pope’s enviable wardrobe with our friends at Shop Around, who’ve rounded up her best evening looks, found affordable alternatives to her endless Prada bags, and explained how to wear that blazer/necklace combo she dons so often.
- Up your snack game with a recipe for David Guas’s nutty caramel popcorn. Concerned about keeping the sleek lines of your power suit? Try Well+Being’s healthy recipes for kernels topped with pizza flavoring or curry spices.
- While you’re at it, why not swap the usual red wine for something more festive? Pope and Associates might not have a lot to celebrate, but the return of your favorite show seems like an occasion worthy of Champagne. Get tips for choosing and pairing the sparkling stuff via Best Bites.
- Find out how the show came to be—and get crisis-management advice—from the woman who inspired it all, Washington fixer Judy Smith.