Some restaurants you go to once a year; others are “rotation” restaurants, those places you pop by once a month or even once a week—whenever you don’t feel like cooking or you need a lift or you just need to be around some folks you know. If there’s anyplace in the area we can imagine dropping by several times a week, it’s this cozy, gently trendy Cleveland Park spot.
Treat it as a glorified wine bar (and let Fred Uku, the charismatic and witty bartender, take care of you), a stop for grazing before a movie at the Uptown across the street (get a load of the extensive cheese selection on view up front), or an ambitious American bistro where you can eat lightly or go all out.
Marjorie Meek-Bradley’s seasonal, local cooking is creative, light, and playful, though not so much of any of these things as to put her needs above yours.
- Fluke crudo with smoked egg and pickled mushrooms
- Spaghetti with Nantucket bay scallops and sea urchin
- Dorade with spinach and curried cauliflower
- Ricotta cavatelli with broccoli-rabe pesto and Italian sausage
- Rabbit cassoulet
- Mascarpone cheesecake
- Butterscotch pot de crème
- Baked-to-order chocolate-chip cookies with milk
Try Ripple’s Chef Recipes