Well+Being Blog > Fit Check|Fitness
The 20-Minute Leg-Toning Workout
This plyometric workout leaves no muscle un-sore.
With crazy cold temperatures taking over Washington this week, personal trainer Errick McAdams’s leg-sculpting workout comes at just the right time. The short but intense routine takes as little as 15 to 20 minutes, and can be performed in the comfort of your warm living room. Be prepared for sore hamstrings, quads, and shoulders the next day, thanks to the 50 squats and 40 pushups and burpees required of this workout.
Performing the following set three times.
- 30 jumping jacks
- 5 burpees*
*Beginner: Perform burpees without pushup or jump at the end. Intermediate: Perform burpees with pushup and no jump. Advanced: Perform the burpees with pushup and jump at the end.
Perform 5 sets of the following exercises.
- 5 squats and 5 jump squats
- 5 alternating forward lunges (5 on each leg) and 5 split jumps (a.k.a. jumping lunges)
- 5 pushups and 5 mountain climbers (left leg/right leg = 1 rep)
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Well+Being Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Well+Being Blog