Healthy Recipe: Mustard-Glazed Salmon With Creamy Pesto Topping
This flavorful salmon dish takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Wintertime always brings about a craving for hearty, carb-filled meals—but eating a bowl of pasta every night can pack on the pounds. This salmon dish scores points for including a huge amount of filling protein and healthy fats without the extra calories.
The creamy herb topping is a healthy bonus, since we swapped fatty mayo for plain Greek yogurt mixed with a tablespoon of pesto.
And if we haven’t sold you yet, the whole meal takes 30 minutes or less to prepare and bake. Serve it with a side of your favorite grain—we like Israeli couscous, millet, or wild rice—and vegetable, and you’ve got yourself a seriously healthy, well-rounded meal.
Nutrition per serving: 254 calories, 8.8 grams fat, 243.7 milligrams sodium, 629.2 milligrams potassium, 20 grams carbohydrates, 24.3 grams protein.
1 pound salmon
½ cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon pesto (store-bought is fine)
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup spicy mustard
1 teaspoon curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix yogurt and pesto. Refrigerate.
3. Mix brown sugar, spicy mustard, and curry powder.
4. Spray a shallow cooking dish with cooking spray. Place salmon in dish and spoon mustard mixture over fish.
5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
6. Serve with creamy pesto topping.