Past Tense Studio hosts a Happy Hour yoga session every Friday. Photograph by Stacey Vaeth
Your next yoga session doesn’t have to be done to new age music—let’s face it, that stuff isn’t for everyone. Listen to this new playlist created by Kelly DiNardo, owner of Past Tense Studio in Mount Pleasant, which features a mix of up-tempo and slow songs, including Beyonce’s “Single Ladies” and “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac.
“Some of my playlists are seasonal,” DiNardo says. “Others are more straightforward with whatever catches my attention.” The owner’s playlists typically have a wide range of music genres, from Arcade Fire to Jay-Z.
DiNardo and other Past Tense instructors put a lot of work into creating the perfect playlist for each of their classes. The following playlist is one of DiNardo’s most recent creations for her hour-long Happy Hour yoga classes on Fridays at 6:30 PM. The session is a fast-paced vinyasa, or flow class, so it’s recommended you have some experience before signing up.
First timers at Past Tense Studio can purchase a single pass for $10 or an unlimited 10-day pass for $20.
Download Spotify to your smartphone and you’ll be able to listen to this playlist wherever you go.
1. “Little Bird” by Annie Lennox
2. “All For You” by Janet Jackson
3. “Ray of Light” by Madonna
4. “Song for the Lonely” by Cher
5. “Just Dance” by Lady Gaga and Colby O’Donis
6. “Single Ladies” by Beyoncé
7. “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga
8. “Revolver” by Madonna vs. David Guetta (One Love Remix)
9. “Love Is All We Need” by Mary J. Blige
10. “Golden” by Jill Scott
11. “Love on Top” by Beyoncé
12. “My Love Is Your Love” by Whitney Houston
13. “Songbird” by Fleetwood Mac
Do you have your own yoga playlist? If you think it’s worthy enough, starting next week bring a CD to Past Tense Studio’s Happy Hour class. If they accept it, you’ll get a free class.