Even if baking isn’t your forte, we promise you can do no wrong whipping up this four-ingredient oat bar recipe from the Kitchn.
Bananas, oats, dates, and nuts—that’s all you need.
You’ll end up with a banana-oat bar that’s great as a simple snack just before a workout or as an addition to your bowl of yogurt for breakfast.
Nutrition per 3-inch bar: 158 calories, 3 grams fat, 0.7 milligram sodium, 111 milligrams potassium, 32.1 grams carbohydrates, 4.3 grams fiber, 15.2 grams sugar, 3.6 grams protein.
2 very ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats
¼ cup pitted, chopped dried dates
¼ cup chopped nuts (we used slivered almonds, but any type works)
1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
2) Mash bananas in a mixing bowl thoroughly until no chunks remain. Add vanilla, if using.
2) Stir in oats, dates, and nuts.
3) Pour mixture evenly into the baking pan. Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired.
4) Bake for 30 minutes.
5) Let cool, then slice into 3-inch bars.