In Food Money Sex, we ask anonymous Washingtonians to diary the food they ate, the money they spent, and the sex they had over the course of their weekends. On Mondays, we put it on the internet. This week:
- Does: Student, 21
- Lives: Cathedral Heights, 3 roommates
- Is: Female
- Makes: $10,000/year (still a full time student)
- Married? Nope, Committed Relationship
- Friday: A bowl of Traders Joe’s Frosted Mini Wheats in bed because my weekend starts on Friday and it had been a week from hell. Who doesn’t deserve breakfast in bed once in a while, even if they have to make it themselves? Made chicken and Brussels sprouts with sweet chili sauce in my crockpot for my boyfriend and myself. He consumed his; my portion is living in the back of my fridge. For lunch I had Trader Joe’s butter chicken (seeing a pattern here?) and an Emergen-C because I feel a cold coming on. For dinner I had half a bottle of wine purchased earlier and 3 scoops of Ben and Jerry’s Americone Dream.
- Saturday: Started my morning off with a fruit smoothie and the tried and true Trader Joe’s mini wheat. Walked to my neighborhood coffee shop to get a dirty chai and edit the audio of a story I am working on. For lunch I had a banana and a handful of peanut butter M&M’s (honestly the modern day representation of heath and fitness). Had a snack of some banana bread I had made a few days before hand at around 4PM. The boyfriend made dinner, pasta and broccoli to prepare for his game the following day. Dinner is not complete without some wine to go with it, of course—drinking the second of the two bottles I had purchased the day before.
- Sunday: Woke up, had the usual Trader Joe’s frosted mini wheat. For lunch I went to a friend’s open house where she had made a buffet—I grabbed some pasta salad, broccoli cheddar casserole, a vegan, gluten free brownie and some fresh apple cider from Butler’s Orchard. On the walk home I passed a CVS where I couldn’t help but duck inside and grab some Munchie snack mix and a York Peppermint Pattie to save in the fridge for later. I ate about a quarter of the Munchies on the walk home. For dinner I made myself a turkey burger and a salad to attempt to start the week off on a healthy note. Fell off that wagon about an hour later when I sat in bed watching Drag Race and eating the Peppermint Pattie.
Friday: $11 on wine at Ace Beverage, $12.67 at Rite Aid, $20.23 at the dry cleaners.
- Saturday: $4.70 on a dirty chai latte, $15.86 on a Moleskin notebook because I’m trying to get back into journaling, $6.06 on an Uber pool to get to Bethesda/the boyfriend.
Sunday: $6.24 on CVS snacks, $8.87 on a new phone case from Amazon Prime
- Total: $85.63
- Friday: While I am in a long-term committed relationship with my wonderful boyfriend, I am also in a long term relationship with the condition of Vaginismus (a vaginal tightness causing discomfort, burning, pain, penetration problems, or complete inability to have intercourse. Vaginismus is also known as genito-pelvic pain/penetration disorder (DSM-V).) So, while I go through treatment, traditional sex is off the table. I did get to see my boyfriend that night–no sex of any type though sadly. When you both live with three other roommates, finding time to be alone together without knocks on the door is incredibly difficult.
- Saturday: Got to see my boyfriend again and had a nice shower together in an apartment that was roommate free for once before settling down for the night to watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Nothing earth-shattering but alone time is alone time. It was a nice way to round out a hectic day.
- Sunday: Nada, nothing, nope.
Want to be featured in Food Money Sex? Introduce yourself in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.