I’m looking for a position in: Accounting | Advertising | Art | Circulation | Custom Media | Editorial | Events and Marketing | Production | Web
Integrated Account Executive
Washingtonian magazine, the area’s award winning monthly lifestyle publication, is looking for a full time salesperson to join its team. Responsibilities include selling our print publications, digital products and event sponsorships. Candidate must have proven sales experience, excellent communication skills, and be a self-starter. The ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to thrive in a high volume, fast-paced and team-oriented environment. Knowledge of the local DC, Maryland, & Virginia market a plus. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience. Email cover letter (including compensation requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet and exceed sales goals monthly sales goals.
- Create and sell integrated media programs utilizing all platforms.
- Cold call & prospect for new customers-sales development of territory is critical.
- Identify the key advertising placement decision makers and initiate and pursue productive, consultative relationships.
- Build upon and service existing advertisers in your assigned territory.
- Develop and prepare sales proposals and custom marketing presentations for advertising clients.
- Attend networking, community, and client events providing a strong representation of the Washingtonian brand.
- Respond proactively to client requests for proposals, advertising information and materials.
- Analyze competitive set and develop formal “account plans” for top 25 prospects in territory.
- Execute and communicate weekly sales recaps to management.
- 3-5 years of print, digital, event sponsorship, and social media sales experience.
- Ability to work with and effectively communicate to a full range of clients – from small, local businesses to corporate accounts and advertising agencies.
- Experience using a sales CRM.
- Cold calling and negotiation skills.
- High competency in MS office, particularly PowerPoint & Excel.
- Ability to deliver strong presentations to a large group.
Deputy Art Director, Washingtonian
Washingtonian is seeking an imaginative, collaborative, and relentlessly ambitious deputy art director for its award winning creative department. For 50 plus years, the award-winning city magazine for the Washington DC area has been a home for groundbreaking feature writing, essential service journalism, and arresting visual storytelling. Under the guidance of the Creative Director we’re looking for someone who can help us take the magazine to the next level, creating in a high-caliber team of designers, photo editors, staff photographers and editors.
• Responsible for our Front of Book and Back of Book sections as well as contributing to the Feature section
• Lead design for special issues including Washingtonian Weddings and Washingtonian Welcome Guide
• Creating layout options to inform final design of layouts for the issue
• Pitching and inspiring the creative team with new illustration, photographic, typography, social media ideas
• Collaborating with design, photo, edit and digital teams
• Manage and maintain creative intern position
• 10% other responsibilities coming up throughout the cycle of an issue
• 4+ years of professional experience in editorial design
• Strong multitasking + organizational skills+ communication skills
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, InCopy and InDesign
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• A love and passion for editorial design, photography, illustration, and typography
About Our Company:
Washingtonian is the monthly magazine of the nation’s capital. It ranks highly in market penetration among all city and regional magazines, with a paid circulation of 130,000+. Washingtonian is one of the nation’s most respected and successful magazines, winning five National Magazine Awards, as well as SPD and CRMA awards.
Please send your cover letter, résumé, salary requirements, and samples (no larger than 10MB) or a link to your online portfolio to email@example.com with Deputy Art Director in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Art Department Intern
Washingtonian is looking for a motivated Art Department intern for the summer semester. This intern will gain real-world experience working with the magazine’s creative team and will learn the ins and outs of producing a publication.
• Experience working with Adobe Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
• Intern must have or be working towards a degree in Graphic Design, Photography, or Illustration.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Strong multitasking and organizational skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Manage special projects as needed.
To apply: Email a cover letter, résumé, and portfolio/website to [email protected]
Application deadline is rolling.
Audience Development Associate
Washingtonian, the leading regional publication in the country, is looking for an Audience Development Associate to devise and implement a marketing strategy to connect with our readers and reach our subscription base goals.
The Audience Development Associate will develop and execute creative business promotions including email blasts, social media and website content, direct mail, and renewals. These promotions should speak to our already existing readership as well as target new audiences who are interested in Washingtonian.
This candidate will be expected to identify new growth and partnership opportunities, while maintaining the efforts we already have in place.
We are looking for someone who is energetic, well-spoken, thorough, and dependable with a good-natured cooperative attitude. This person also has excellent customer service skills, as he or she will be working with our readers daily, and has a working knowledge of social media.
- Create strategic audience development plans and optimize campaigns across print, digital, and social media platforms
- Oversee creative production process of marketing materials
- Generate new business partnerships, revenue streams, and cross-promotional opportunities to maximize growth potential
- Work with editorial and events departments to ensure consistent branding and messaging
- Assist with daily vendor communications and maintaining established business relationships
- Track and collect data from promotion testing and analyze campaign effectiveness
- Assist with providing subscribers customer support daily
Additional Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-1 years of related experience
- Knowledge of magazine circulation planning and production preferred
- High competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience with social media and digital marketing platforms
- Ability to analyze complex data, problem solve, troubleshoot, and make recommendations
- Willing to learn about the magazine distribution cycle
- Strong customer service skills
To apply: Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events and Marketing
- Create and execute design/production of in-magazine promotional pages and advertorials,
- Design dedicated emails, and other marketing/sales materials
- Create, digital marketing images and graphics for custom sales campaigns including holiday and circulation promotional materials on tight production and design deadlines
- Design and update Washingtonian Magazine media kits throughout the year
- Design full marketing campaigns for Washingtonian contests
- Develop and pitch design concepts of all Washingtonian events and signage
- Design promotional materials and post events materials
- Maintain Washingtonian branding and design for custom Washingtonian events
- Collaborate with art department and Washingtonian magazine designs
- Design and execute promotional materials for all plaque campaigns, including the plaques themselves
- Create and maintain online purchasing websites and Shopify website for all plaques sales
- Design and maintain ordering forms
- Research and pitch new ideas for more efficiency and higher plaques sales
- Design house ads
- Maintain all internal organizational
To apply: Please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com.
Washingtonian Custom Media
Fact-Checking and Data Entry Intern
Are you a college student/recent grad looking for hands-on experience in publishing, sales, and communication? Are you obsessed with accuracy and have a close eye for detail? Do you prefer picking up the phone to texting and emailing?
You’ve come to the right place. Washingtonian Custom Media—a division of Washingtonian Media Inc. – is looking for interns to help with fact checking, data entry, subscription renewals, and research on a special custom publishing project. You will work directly with communications, marketing, and media specialists to learn the ins and outs of the DC-area publishing industry.
- Fact-checking directory listings
- Managing editorial data through Microsoft Access
- Proofreading content for accuracy and consistency
- Renewing directory subscriptions
- Assisting custom media team with communications research and development
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated college
- Experience in sales strongly preferred but not required
- Experience in Access preferred but not required
This position is part time. Internship is paid at a competitive hourly rate. Internship will last through Fall of 2019.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify in the subject line: WCM Fact-checking and Data Entry Internship.
Application deadline is rolling. Seeking candidates to start August 2019.