“Relax, Mom!”: Mother’s Day Spa Specials
Make sure Mom feels like a queen this Mother’s Day. Skip the flowers and treat her to a memory she won’t forget. These area spas, many featured in our May issue, are offering special packages, deals, and gifts sure to tickle her fancy.
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Various locations; price varies by location; reddoorspas.com.
Check the Red Door Web sites for pricing and to book at specific locations.
• Absolute Gratitude: Olive Oil Body Glow, 50-minute signature massage, signature facial with customized eye contour, and signature manicure/pedicure. Top off the treatment with a shampoo and blow-dry.
• Unconditional Love: 50-minute signature massage, signature facial, and spa lunch; complete the treatment with a signature manicure.
• Unconditional Love with Pedicure: Same as above package but with the addition of a signature pedicure.
• For a Perfect Mom: 50-minute signature massage and warm-cream manicure and pedicure.
A complimentary makeup refresher is available with all spa packages.
• Anti-Aging Bliss: Book appointments on Mother’s Day (May 10) for savings of $100 on all facial filler products such as Botox, Juvéderm, and Restalyne. Georgetown location only; reservations necessary.
The Spa at Mint
• Cherry Blossom Bliss: This cherry-blossom infused facial is designed to hydrate the skin and help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. A neck, shoulder, back, and hand massage completes the treatment; 75 minutes; $125.
The Spa at the Sports Club/LA
This luxe spa is attached to the Ritz-Carlton in DC’s West End. Ask for the three-hour complimentary self-parking validation at the reception desk.
• Sunset Rose Body Cocoon: A geranium/grape-seed scrub followed by a hydrating mineral wet mask infused with rose oil. Finish with a rose-petal-lotion application; special price, $99.
• Rose Elegance Facial: A special facial using essential rose oils, which are said calm and hydrate skin without clogging pores; special price, $99.
• Peppermint Manicure/Pedicure: A signature treatment utilizing invigorating peppermint essential oil. 60-minute $75.
Blu Water Day Spa
• Passage to Enlightenment Package: collagen manicure and pedicure, 60-minute hot-lava massage, 90-minute signature facial, spring-makeup application, complimentary lunch, and a gift; $400 (normally $480).
• Mother and Daughter Day of Beauty Package: manicure and pedicure, 60-minute antioxidant facial treatment, 60-minute Swedish massage, and a gift; $240 (normally $270).
• Mother’s Spa Escape Package: 60-minute organic customized facial, 60-minute hot-lava massage, and a gift; $210 (normally $240).
• Divine Mom Package: Divine Manicure and Pedicure; $115 (normally $130).
• Blu Water Signature Healing Ritual: This package includes an aromatic cleansing foot bath followed by a full-body exfoliation, therapeutic massage, and Shirodara Serenity Journey with restorative oil and a body-envelopment wrap; $200 (normally $250).
Elaj Aveda Day Spa
• Emerald Package: Treat Mom to a Spa Manicure and Pedicure plus a 60-minute Elemental Nature Massage and 60-minute Elemental Nature Facial; $300 (normally $330).
Robert Andrew Salon and Spa
• Pamper Me Please: Enjoy a mini-spa day with a 20-minute back massage and a 30-minute mini-facial and manicure; $128 (normally $170).
The Still Point
• Organic Lavender and Honey Holistic Facial and Warm Buttermilk Manicure: holistic facial with an organic hand-blended treatment mask of lavender and local honey. Finish off the experience with the spa’s special warm-buttermilk manicure; two hours; $100 (normally $150).
>> Next page: Virginia spas
Amenity Day Spa
• Orange Dreamsicle: This orange-and-vanilla-scented head-to-toe body buffing includes a massage with hot stones, a shower, and application of skin-softening orange-vanilla body soufflé; 60 minutes; $139.
Remind Mom to come early to take advantage of the steam room.
Also in the Renaissance Hotel on Ninth St., NW, in DC.
• Anti-Aging Body Wrap: Includes a body scrub and mud-wrap application infused with green-tea and lime-leaf aromatherapy. This treatment is said to stimulate circulation, smooth dry skin, and detoxify; 60 min, $110 for 90 minutes (including 30-minute massage); $160.
• Flaxx-C Anti Aging Facial: Firm, lifted, tightened, and smoother skin is the goal of this on-the-go facial package; 60 minutes; $110.
During the month of May, mention The Washingtonian to receive 15 percent off all massage, body-treatment, or facial packages at both locations.
Bella Donna Spa
• Mother’s Day Special: This package includes a 60-minute Premier Facial with hydrating hand treatment, hydrating or French manicure, Dermalogica hand treatment, and a Colonial Candle Mother’s Day candle as a gift; $135 (normally $170).
Comfort & Joy Wellness Spa
For the entire month of May, pamper Mom with complimentary upgrades on all services. For example, book a classic manicure and receive an automatic free upgrade to a spa manicure, or book a 60-minute massage for an automatic upgrade to a 75-minute treatment. Applies to gift cards as well.
Fountains Day Spa
• My Queen: Pick a custom oil for your 80-minute aromatherapy massage, Super Hydradermie facial, and reflexology before indulging in a spa lunch; $299 (normally $332).
• Thanks Mom: This relaxing treatment includes an apricot body polish, signature Hydradermie facial, and mini-massage; $211 (normally $234).
• Moms to Be: This package is designed with pregnant moms in mind. Pamper her with a prenatal massage, Aromatic Facial or Beaute Neuve Facial, foot and hand exfoliation, and lunch; $224 (normally $249).
• Mom and Me: Enjoy this “spa with a friend” offering, perfect for mothers and daughters or moms and friends. It includes a couples Swedish massage, two customized individual facials, two Sole Relaxations, plus fruit and juice; $478 (normally $531).
• The Works: This package includes a Rose Moisturizing Body Wrap, Ultimate Combination Massage, Super Hydradermie Facial, Reflexology, and lunch; $432 (normally $480).
Le Papillon Day Resort
• Contessa in the Kitchen: If Mom loves to cook, offer her a private lesson with the spa’s executive chef. Whether she wants to learn cooking basics or simply expand her culinary repertoire, this treatment is perfect for gourmet-focused moms; $125.
• Queen for a Day: A six-hour treatment, including a Le Papillon signature body exfoliation with hydrotherapy tub soak, followed by a Le Papillon signature facial and décolleté treatment, a Le Papillon signature manicure and pedicure, and a spa lunch; $355.
Rejuvenations Massage Therapy
• Prenatal Pampering: Pamper the mom-to-be in your life with a 60-minute prenatal massage by one of Rejuvenations’ experienced therapists; $76 (normally $96).
We’d suggest booking one of the spa’s signature mani/pedis for Mom.
• Mother’s Day Brunch: Book any spa treatment or manicure/pedicure appointment on Mother’s Day (May 10) and be treated to Sesen’s third annual spa brunch, featuring fresh-squeezed orange juice, French toast and more.
• Mother Daughter Bliss: A side-by-side Mother/Daughter Signature Mani-Pedi with complimentary sparkling wine; $140.
• Special Day Package Additions: Purchase the Simply Renewing, Simply Rejuvenate, or Simply Everything packages and receive a complimentary Spa Minérale robe, valued at $65.
→ Six Great Mothers’ Day Brunches
→ Mothers’ Day Gift Guide
→ Mother’s Day Spa Specials
→ Flowers for Mothers’ Day
→ Mother’s Day Activities
→ Mothers’ Day Brunch Menus and Specials
→ Mother’s Day Hotel Packages
→ Great Day Spas