WashingTelevision: Watch the Official “Homeland” Season 3 Trailer
Brody’s bald, Carrie’s crying, Saul’s sworn in, and more.
We’re still more than a month away from the season three premiere of Homeland, but Showtime has unleashed the official trailer for the upcoming season, teasing us with all manner of plot lines and possibilities. The trailer also makes some serious assumptions that you’ve seen the first two seasons, based on some of the clips shown, so don’t watch if you aren’t fully caught up.
Among our takeaways:
• After the way season two kinda fizzled out for us, we would have been happy if Brody just kept on walking and got mauled by a bear offscreen.
• The heart of Homeland is the Carrie-Saul relationship, always will be. And after constantly apologizing for her poor decision-making skills last season, Saul apparently has things to apologize to her for. But never for the beard. Not ever.
• The last images of Dana and the prayer rug. Yeah, we’re not buying it. After all the lies she was fed by her father, we don’t see her turning down that path.
• Quinn, while a fool for not shooting Brody during his 11,000 previous opportunities to do so, looks like he’s remembered how to pull a trigger. Good for him. Maybe the 11,001st time’s the charm.
• Poor Chris—he still has no lines. Then again, no one else really talks in the trailer, either. Still, we have little hope for our beloved Wizards fan.
• No sign of Mike Faber. No one weeps for this.
• Bigger travesty: No sign of Virgil. There will be pitchforks and torches if Virgil isn’t around this season.
• Apparently Congress now holds hearings in rooms the size of basketball arenas. Whatever works for you, Hollywood.