An occasional series of unfortunate experiences at well-known sites around DC.
There’s a lot to hate about zoos. Sometimes it’s their fault, like when they build habitats that resemble gulags, build enclosures that cause animals to escape and kill people, and even put humans on display next to the animals. Other times, zoos just can’t help the things we hate about them, like the hordes of tourists and the animals’ smelly bodily functions. Either way, here’s why the National Zoo stinks, according to the internet’s biggest grouches:
2. Urgent giraffe shortage.
3. “Pooooop everywhere.”
4. That damn lady near the Asia walk.
5. Unclear difference between zoo attractions and zoo customers.
6. Carousel workers being appropriately awful.
7. Police brutality.
8. Public Employee brutality.
9. Questionable animal bites.
10. Zoo-keeping liberals.
11. Everything about this review.