In Food Money Sex, we ask anonymous Washingtonians to diary the food they ate, the money they spent, and the sex they had over the course of their weekends. On Mondays, we put it on the internet. This week:
- Does: PR, 33
- Lives: Shaw, with my boyfriend.
- Is: Female.
- Makes: $80,000.
- Married? Together 1.5 years/serious.
- Friday: I bring my coffee from home and I contemplated ordering something off Post Mates using a different email address so I get delivery for free, but I still can’t justify paying $25 for a pastry and a salad. Instead, I eat an apple that’s been sitting on my desk for 3 days. I leave work at noon, come home and make a veggie burger. I take a nap, wake up, eat a veggie hot dog and make an espresso. I decide to go to Trader Joe’s and stock up for the week, while in line checking out I scarf down two coconut caramel cookies. I make Bombay potato and peas over brown rice for dinner for me and my boyfriend. I have a glass of red wine.
- Saturday: Egg and vegan sausage avocado sandwich with coffee for breakfast. Went to my friend’s new place to help as she was moving in, a friend of a friend brought McDonalds for them for lunch, I stole a few of her fries. I eat an apple. My boyfriend and I trek to a 1 year-old’s birthday out in Virginia. I ate everything in sight at the party: tzatziki, pita, hummus, veggies, Caprese on a stick, Girl Scout cookies, grapes, cheese, strawberries, and three glasses of wine.
- Sunday: Coffee with a breakfast sandwich of egg and avocado that I made. Later on in the day, we had a double Baptisim with a late lunch at a Greek restaurant where I ate pita, tzaziki, baba ganoush, spanakopita, and vegetable moussaka along with two glasses of white wine. I had tea when I got home.
Friday: $46 at ASOS on a dress and a crop top. Class Pass charges $10 cancellation fee. Via to get home: $1 promo. Trader Joe’s: $88
- Saturday: Another cancelled fitness class. This time it is SoulCycle. Spend $20 regardless because their cancellation policy sucks.
Sunday: I give my boyfriend $75 cash to put into the cards for the Baptism but he Venmos me the cash later. No money spent today!
- Total: $165
- Saturday: 10am with my boyfriend after watching Moonlight.
Want to be featured in Food Money Sex? Introduce yourself in an email to email@example.com.