Holiday travel can be stressful for anyone — but add in kids to the mix, and it can require some serious power of planning and thinking quick on your feet. The next time you’re flying through Reagan National with some kiddos, take advantage of the following travel hacks for families!
- Chick-Fil-A: Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets? Thrill your little ones with this famous chicken and throw in a couple of Chick-Fil-A’s numerous and tasty sauces! Kid’s meals come with fresh fruit and juice, as well, so you’ll sneak in some nutrition before your flight!
- Stock up at Hudson News: All parents know that a strategically-timed treat can go a long way to relax kids and keep them quiet and happy — stock up on kid’s books, coloring books and activities, and healthy treats at the Hudson News! You’ll be able to find nutritious snacks, like nuts and dried fruit, granola bars, string cheese, yogurt, and more.
- InMotion Entertainment Accessories: Older kids might love a fun flight accessory — check out the InMotion Entertainment or any convenience shops for eye masks or neck pillows. Any tech-obsessed kids? Pick them up a portable charger to make sure they’re always juiced up.
- Early boarding: Do not be shy about taking advantage of airlines’ offer to let families with small children board early! Cut down on the stress by getting everyone situated before the hustle and bustle kicks up — you’ll comfortably store any luggage and get the kids settled before the airplane fills up.
- Nurse in peace with Reagan National’s Nursing Lounge. Reagan National has three dedicated Nursing Lounges — Two near the Tumi at National Hall, and one pre-security at Terminal A. Tend to your tiny ones in peace! The lounges come equipped with a rocking chair, electrical outlets, shelf, mirror, hand sanitizer and a baby changing table, so you’ll have everything you need, away from the crowds.
Check out the full list of shops and restaurants for entertaining your family while traveling this winter.