Find Wedding Vendor By Name
Go to Section
- Engagement Photos: Jessica Lagoy and Kevin Cullen
- Real Wedding: Kathleen Krackenberger and Scott Baker
- Engagement Photos: Vanessa Schutz and Neal McDonald
- Engagement Photos: Casey Linsey and Travis Wells
- Real Wedding: Elizabeth and Brian Young
- Take Wedding Guests Out on the Town With DC Insider Tours
Caterer’s Choice: Not Your Average Potato Chips
For the ultimate crowd pleaser, serve a classic dish with a gourmet spin.
The dish: Hand-cut Potato Chips Three Ways; created by Occasions Caterers in Northeast DC
The scoop: You get a plate with a small serving of three types of hand-cut potato chips: classic Idaho with seasoned salt, waffle-cut sweet-potato chips, and spicy Yukon Gold potato triangles, all served with a sour-cream/chive mousseline.
Get it while it’s hot: This is a great hors d’oeuvre because it takes a familiar food (read: picky Aunt Enid won’t be scared off) but gives it an unexpected twist, says Eric Michael, owner of Occasions. “It’s fresh but also comforting,” he says. “Everyone knows and loves chips and dip.” And with three flavors to try, you really can’t eat just one.
What hors d'oeuvres were a hit at your wedding? Share in the comments section.
To read the latest Bridal Party blog posts, click here.
You Might Also Like ...
Get the scoop on a month of celebrations at the Georgetown boutique.
The company celebrates the grand opening of its latest store with giveaways.