This playlist is no longer available.
Wednesday, April 16
• Stoner rock band Dead Meadow brings its blend of heavy guitar riffs and psychedelic rock to the Black Cat’s backstage. The stop is a homecoming of sorts for the band—its members are former DC residents now living in Los Angeles.
Thursday, April 17
• Kate Nash, whose infuriatingly catchy “Foundations” actually got one of our yuppie-wannabe friends to momentarily enjoy “the scene” at DC9, plays tonight at the 9:30 Club.
• Speaking of DC9 (which we love, despite what our yuppie-wannabe friends might say), the fun indie pop band Tally Hall plays there tonight.
Saturday, April 19
• Cloud Cult, playing at the Rock and Roll Hotel, is one of those bands you just have to see live. Members include two artists who create paintings during the performance. Cool stuff, huh? Well, the band is not only cool but also very passionate about the environment. Last year, singer Craig Minowa talked to us about Cloud Cult’s ecofriendly ways.
Sunday, April 20
• Remember the Philadelphia punk band the Starting Line? The band plays tonight at the 9:30 Club with Bayside and Steel Train opening.
Monday, April 21
• Sibling band Eisley plays the 9:30 Club tonight. You’ve might have heard one of its airy pop tunes during last week’s episode of The Hills. Lead singer Sherri DuPree’s voice is soothingly delicate. . .
• . . . and could not be more different than Constantines lead singer Bryan Webb’s raspy delivery. The Canadian rock band is at the Rock and Roll Hotel tonight.
For more posts on music, nightlife, bars, and more, click here.