A Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts truck is headed to Washington, and no, it’s not giving out small, luxurious bath products. The five-star chain is jumping on the food truck trend to expand its brand and appeal to younger spenders, similar to the TGI Fridays “road tour” and the Nutella-mobile.
The East Coast tour runs from Boston down to Miami, with a stop in Washington October 13 through 18. (Baltimore gets its turn the week before, October 6 through 11.) Truck stops include various events or popular landmarks, where the Four Seasons culinary team will cook up city-specific menus. Washington’s will center around riffs on “American comforts” (see below), such as half-smoke corn dogs, kimchi grilled cheese, and tutti fruitti macaroons.
Props to anyone who shows up for lunch in a plush bathrobe and bedroom slippers.
Four Seasons DC Taste Truck Menu
- Kale “Caesar”, Jalapeno Corn Bread Croutons, Queso Fresco, Chipotle Caesar Dressing, $5
- All Beef “DC Halfsmoke” Mini Corn Dogs, Chili Cheese Dip, $6
- Grilled “Kimcheese”, Smoked Gouda, Brioche, $6
- Lamb Burger, Humus, Tabouleh, Raita, Sesame Bun, $9
- Bulgogie Short Rib Sandwich, Cucumber Kimchee, Gochujang Mayo, Korean Hot Sauce, $9
- Mojo Spiced Chicken Kebab, Chimichurri Yogurt, Grilled Pita, $8
- BBQ Spiced French Fries, Smoked Ketchup or White BBQ Sauce, $3
- Grilled Potato, Cucumber, Red Onion Salad, Creole Mustard Vinaigrette, $3
- Tutti Frutti Tye Dyed Macaroons, $5
- Neapolitan Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches, $5
This post has been updated from a previous version. Find Anna Spiegel on Twitter at @annaspiegs.