In Food Money Sex, we ask anonymous Washingtonians to diary the food they ate, the money they spent and the sex they had over the course of their weekends. On Mondays, we put it on the internet. This week:
- Does: Research Consultant, 30
- Lives: Watergate with my boyfriend
- Is: Female
- Makes: $130,000
- Married? No, but I’ve been with my boyfriend for 4 years.
Friday:I recently moved to DC and am just getting to the lay of the food/drink land. Friday started out relatively healthy with a Jrink juice and Starbucks coffee. For lunch, a turkey chili and enjoyed a mid-afternoon snack from Pleasant Pops in the form of a strawberry-lemonade-ginger popsicle while taking in the White House lawn on a walk with some coworkers. My boyfriend and I eat out most meals, so we have relied quite heavily on friend’s recs and other foodie guides when making plans for the weekend. We made dinner reservations at Birch and Barley, but were disappointed with the aesthetics (felt like a garage) and wait time (regardless of reservation), so ended up at Estadio close by for tapas. The menu and service were great and the food was delicious!
Saturday:We moseyed on over to Town Hall for some brunch and college football. Ordered the staples–cheese sticks, chicken tenders and wings. One or two mimosas later we decided to finish up the afternoon at the new rooftop bar at the Watergate. Incredible views and low key atmosphere, which made for a relaxing remainder of the day. That night we had reservations at Kyirisan, but due to the fried fun sesh earlier in the day, we were slow to get moving and ended up at District Commons, which is closer to our condo. After watching the Cubs lose, we headed out to a bar with friends.
Sunday:I stuck around the apartment to clean and do laundry, so I grabbed a soup/sandwich combo from a local café and ordered sushi for dinner.
- Friday: Jrink juice and coffee ($11.50) + Turkey chili lunch ($10) + afternoon popsicle ($3) + Estadio dinner ($160)
- Saturday: Brunch at District Common ($84) + drinks on rooftop at Watergate ($50) + dinner at District Common ($112)
- Sunday: soup/sandwich at local café ($15) + sushi takeaway ($30)
- Uber/cabs for weekend: $75
- Total: $550.50
- My boyfriend got in late Friday and we did the deed post dinner.
- Saturday was mostly spent bloated and nursing a food baby, so we abstained.
- Sunday morning sex before he headed back to Virginia for work.
Want to be featured in Food Money Sex? Introduce yourself in an email to email@example.com.