In Food Money Sex, we ask anonymous Washingtonians to diary the food they ate, the money they spent, and the sex they had over the course of their weekends. On Mondays, we put it on the internet. This week:
- Does: Researcher, 36
- Lives: U Street with 2 lady roommates
- Is: Female
- Makes: $72,000
- Married? Engaged
- Friday: Went and saw Landline at E-Street and of course got popcorn and of course got wine. Then had a late lackluster Caesar salad with shrimp and no drinks at Shaw’s Tavern.
- Saturday: Venti blonde roast at Starbucks. Met a homeboy for lunch at Pansaari where we shared a paneer kati roll and a butter masala dosa. Came home and napped until 5:00 pm when I took the H4 to do the monuments by moonlight tour (free). Another average meal but this time at MXDC where the guac came after the entrees (taken off the check as it should have been) and I scrounged around three tacos to find carne, shrimp and fish, respectively, buried under sweet slaws of various kinds on limp ass corn tortillas. Came home and poured myself a generous glass of Vino Verde ($4.99 at TJ!), passed out to Broad City reruns on Hulu…..I am such an Abbi.
- Sunday: Slept until noon and walked over to Starbucks on 13th and U Street in PJs with a cardigan and no bra to get my Venti blonde roast. Scrambled up leftover andouille sausage with 2 questionably old eggs (no new $ spent). Got last minute Coldplay tickets, where I spent almost as much on the Ticketmaster fees as I did the tickets!
Friday: Popcorn and wine: $26.19. Salad at Shaw’s Tavern: $23.
- Saturday: Blonde roast + a card reload: $25.00. Lunch at Pansaari: $21. Dinner at MXDC: $18.14
Sunday: Coldplay: $24.50 for the tickets and $20 for the Ticketmaster fees (Eff Ticketmaster!) An Uber ride to ($35) and fro ($38) Fedex field + beers ($46) and a late dinner from the McDonalds’ You Choose Two menu ($2.51 for a McDouble, small fries, sweet and sour sauce AND hot mustard).
- Total: $279.34
- Friday-Sunday: None—since getting engaged, my fiancé and I are going to wait until we get married. I know how lame/annoying/romantic/frustrating/sweet that sounds.
Want to be featured in Food Money Sex? Introduce yourself in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.