Open House Blog > Home Design & Shopping
A First Look at Columbia Heights’ New Target
We took a first look at the new Target that just opened in Columbia Heights. From martini glasses emblazoned with the Target logo to tracked escalators that carry your carts to the second floor, it was all there. Check out our photos of the space.
Okay, to be honest, it’s actually not that different from any other Target—but it is right on Metro’s Green and Yellow line, which makes it much easier for anyone without a car (i.e., me) to get to aisles of cute housewares and Jovovich-Hawk clothes. Here’s the lay of the land from the opening reception the store threw last night (plus a photo slide show).
• A Starbucks is inside, if you’re craving a $5 latte while you browse the Simply Shabby Chic collection.
• There’s both a Target pharmacy and a Target photo center—very nice.
• The grocery selection is decent. It’s no Wegmans, but you can find the basics (plus wine—always a bonus).
• Women’s clothing is on the first floor, right where you walk in; women’s shoes are on the second floor, farthest from the entrance. That was one smart layout designer.
• The final Target touch: Red credit-card machines with red pens.
At Tuesday night’s event, there were also tables of food (mmm, mini-burgers) and bars lining the main aisles serving cosmos out of bull’s-eye-emblazoned martini glasses. Sadly, that will not be an everyday thing.
Target (3100 14th St., NW; 202-777-3773) is open Monday through Saturday 8 AM to 10 PM, Sunday 8 AM to 9 PM. The pharmacy is open Monday through Friday 9 to 9, Saturday and Sunday 9 to 6.
more from Washingtonian
Buffer: Error #102 occurred. More info here.