Open House Blog > Home Design & Shopping
Deck the Halls: Holiday House Tours around Washington
This weekend marks the start of the holiday house tour season, when Washingtonians can peek inside—and steal decoration ideas from—dozens of homes decked out for the holidays. Here’s a round-up of some of the best.
Friday, December 5
• St. Albans House Tour, five homes and a poolhouse in Georgetown decorated by local floral designers. Also carols performed by students from St. Albans and National Cathedral schools, as well as a holiday boutique and luncheon. Friday 11 to 5, Saturday 10 to 4. Tour tickets $35, luncheon tickets $15. 202-537-3190.
Saturday, December 6
• Alexandria Holiday Designer Tour of Homes, five Old Town homes decorated by interior designers and florists. 11 to 4. $30, $35 in advance. 703-548-0111.
• Culpeper Holiday Tour of Homes, a trolley takes visitors to seven homes in this charming Virginia town. 11 to 4:30. $20, $15 in advance. 540-829-1749
• Frederick Candlelight House Tour, tour of eight historic homes with holiday carolers, a horse-drawn carriage, and refreshments. Saturday 5:30 to 9:30, Sunday Noon to 4. $20. 301-200-2841.
• Historic Clifton Candlelight Tour, five decorated homes plus music in local churches, strolling carolers, hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows, and tree lighting. 2 to 8. $15, children $5. 703-322-1811.
Sunday, December 7
• Logan Circle Holiday House Tour, ten condos and houses as well as a historic church. The tour also includes a stop at the Blagden Alley studio of printmaker David Adamson and a reception at the Long View Gallery, at 9th and N Streets, NW, from 3 to 5:30. $20, $15 in advance. 1 to 5 PM.
Did we miss your favorite tour? Tell us about it in the comments.
→ Create a Holiday Cocktail Party for $75
What to Wear
→ What to Wear to Holiday Parties
more from Washingtonian
- Most Read in Open House Blog
- From the Magazine
- Dining Out
- More from Open House Blog