Though the high-contrast combination of crisp white with warm wood may have started in the kitchen, lately we’ve been spotting this look on everything from serving trays to side tables. With roots in midcentury Scandinavian design, the pairing manages to feel familiar and invitingly warm while remaining completely contemporary. Here are 11 pieces that nail this look.
1) Old-Timer clock, $199 at CB2.
2) Calhoun lamp, $900 at Dwell Studio.
3) Modu-licious dresser, $1,99 at BluDot.
4) Portola magazine files, $30 each at See Jane Work.
1) Worlds Away Warren nightstand, $1,338 at Zinc Door.
2) Shell and wood spoons, $12 each at Leif.
3) Oiva serving pot, $69 at Marimekko.
4) Midcentury nightstand, $239 at West Elm.
5) Buenos Aires walnut-and-alabaster side table, $795 at Jonathan Adler.
6) Nate Berkus for Target tray, $19.99 at Target.
7) Torino desk-table, $499 at CB2.
You Might Also Like:
14 Ways to Incorporate Geometric Patterns
3 Easy Ways to Update Your Home
Design Obsession: 20 Copper Accents