Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• Firms are competing to design the National Museum of African American History and Culture. Check out pictures of models from six different firms. [WaPo]
• DC Metrocentric broke news that renowned architect Frank Gehry will design the Eisenhower Memorial, to be located on Independence Avenue, across from the National Air and Space Museum. [DCmetrocentric]
• Howard University abandoned plans to develop a vacant lot behind its hospital. [DCmud]
• A “world class neighborhood park for residents of all ages” could be in the works for Bloomingdale. [Bloomingdale]
• Bethesda is the second most livable city in the country? So says Forbes, and Housing Complex’s Ruth Samuelson makes a case for its selection. [Housing Complex]
more from Washingtonian
Buffer: Error #102 occurred. More info here.