Open House Blog > The Real Estate Market
The Week in Real Estate
Every Friday, we round up the week’s real-estate news and gossip.
• Carr Properties is building a five-story, 115,000-square-foot glass building at 1701 Duke Street in Alexandria. [Real Estate Bisnow]
• The Department of Housing and Community Development is looking for offers to develop a lot at Florida Avenue and Q Street, Northwest. [Bloomingdale]
• The renovation of the Howard Theatre depends on whether sufficient funds (read $28 million) can be raised. [DCMud]
• Check out these pictures of Georgetown University’s new business school, which has a slate roof and a brick-and-stone facade. [DCmetrocentric]
• College Park officials are looking to redevelop the City Hall site on Knox Road. They plan to move City Hall and build a high-end hotel and conference center in its place. [Washington Business Journal]